Plié to 4:00 and 8:00 with Overhead Press
Move: Imagine that you are standing in the middle of a clock. Straight in front of you is 12:00 and behind you is 6:00. Step with your right foot, performing a plié, to your right to the 4:00 mark. As you lower into the plié, press weights overhead. Bring the weights back to shoulder level as you return to standing in the middle of your “clock.” Alternate stepping to 4:00 and 8:00.
Repetitions: 12 on each side.
• Keep your elbows soft as you press the weights overhead.
• Try to drop the hips as low as the knees in your plié. Your hips should not go lower than your knees.
• Step wide enough that the knees are over the ankles in the deepest part of the plié. The knees should not jut over the toes.
• Pull your shoulders back and keep your chest up.
• Pull your abdominal muscles in tight and keep your spine straight.