Black Bean Brownies
– 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 3 large eggs
– 3 Tbsp. canola oil
– 3/4 C. granulated sugar
– 3/4 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– Pinch salt
– 1/2 tsp. coconut or peppermint extract, optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan or dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coconut/peppermint extract as desired, baking powder, and salt and process until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the chips and pulse a few times until the chips are incorporated.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing into 2-inch squares.