Asparagus Baked Frittata
- Nonstick canola oil cooking spray
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 whole eggs plus 6 egg whites (or 11⁄2 cups egg substitute or purchased egg whites)
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free ricotta cheese
- Pinch of dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 11⁄2 cups steamed asparagus pieces
Preheat oven to 425°F. Mist a small (8-inch) ovenproof nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Saute the scallions in hot skillet until tender (2 to 3 minutes).
Meanwhile, whisk whole eggs and egg whites, the ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the asparagus to the skillet and heat through. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables in skillet. Bake in preheated oven until the eggs are set and the frittata has browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 2.