Blue Plate Turkey Burger Salad
- 1⁄2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey (not all breast meat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash®)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 to 8 cups roughly torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1⁄2 of an avocado, sliced
Cook bell pepper and shallot in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a skillet over mediumhigh heat until tender (3 to 5 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add turkey and salt-free seasoning to the bell pepper mixture and mix gently; season to taste with pepper. Form mixture into 2 patties. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Add the patties to the hot skillet and cook, turning once, for a total of 9 minutes or until done.
Divide lettuce between 2 plates. Place a burger on each plate. Arrange tomato and avocado slices around the burgers. Serves 2.