- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
For marinade, mix vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a nonreactive dish. Add chicken pieces to the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Remove chicken from the marinade. Discard marinade. Thread chicken and bell pepper alternately on skewers, taking care not to pack the pieces too closely together.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat or broiler to high heat. Grill or broil the skewers for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Serves 4.