- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites (or 3⁄4 cup egg substitute or 3⁄4 cup egg purchased egg whites)
- 2 to 4 fresh basil leaves, torn (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
Mist a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Saute the bell pepper in hot skillet until tender (2 to 3 minutes). Add spinach to skillet and stir just until wilted.
Lightly beat whole egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Add eggs to the spinach mixture in skillet. Stir with a rubber spatula until eggs are set. Sprinkle with basil and/or Parmesan cheese, if desired. Season to taste with ground pepper. Serves 1.
Note: If you like, add 1 cooked and crumbled turkey sausage link or slice turkey bacon to the beaten eggs.