Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Berry Compote (recipe follows)
- 1 cup rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 8 egg whites or 1 cup purchased egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Nonstick canola oil cooking spray
Prepare Berry Compote; let stand while making pancakes. Combine oats, egg whites, ricotta cheese, lemon extract, and lemon zest in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
Mist a nonstick skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Cook 2 to 3 large pancakes (one at a time if using a small skillet) until large bubbles appear on the surface. Turn pancakes and continue cooking until browned. Top with Berry Compote. Serves 2 to 3.