- Nonstick canola oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites (or 3⁄4 cup egg substitute or 3⁄4 cup egg purchased egg whites)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Mist a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Saute bell pepper in hot skillet until tender (2 to 3 minutes). Add tomato and cook just until softened (1 minute).
Lightly beat whole egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Add eggs to the vegetable mixture in skillet. Stir with a rubber spatula until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cilantro and/or feta cheese, if desired. Serves 1.
Note: If you like, add 1 cooked and crumbled turkey sausage link or slice turkey bacon to the beaten eggs.