Protein Blast Breakfast Scramble
- Nonstick canola oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cooked vegetarian sausage patty (such as Morningstar Farms® Veggie
- Sausage Patty)
- 4 to 6 egg whites (or 3⁄4 cup egg substitute or 3⁄4 cup egg purchased egg whites)
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
Mist a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Saute mushrooms in hot skillet until they give up some of their moisture (5 minutes). Crumble veggie sausage patty and add to skillet.
Lightly beat egg whites in a small bowl. Add egg whites to skillet. Cook, stirring gently, until mixture is set. Top with a few shakes of bottled hot pepper sauce, if desired. Serves 1.