Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken
- 3 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and/or drumsticks)
- 2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as canola, safflower, or sunflower)
Whisk together bottled hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt (if desired), and pepper in a rectangular baking dish. Add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add the bread crumbs to the marinade. Mix well; pat the crumb mixture onto the chicken.
Spread the oil over the bottom of a shallow 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange the chicken in the dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn the chicken over; reduce the heat to 325° and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, or until the juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Serves 8.