Tilapia Saute with Greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, ribs and stems removed, chopped coarsely
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 8 to 12 ounces tilapia fillets (or other thin white fish fillets)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a very large nonstick skillet. Add garlic and saute for less than a minute (do not let it brown). Start adding the Swiss chard to the skillet in large handfuls, stirring just until chard begins to wilt. Keep adding the chard until all is in the pan, cooking and turning just until tender. Remove chard to a plate and keep warm.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet. Add the shallot and saute until tender. Add fish to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned on each side and cooked through, 6 minutes total. Sprinkle with lemon juice; season to taste with pepper. Serves 2.