What To Keep In Your Kitchen
Stock you kitchen with these key items when you begin ReShape With Kathy Smith:
- Olive and canola oils
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Balsamic and rice wine vinegars
- Egg whites. For ease try Eggology egg whites from the refrigerated section.
- Fat-free or light cow’s milk or soymilk
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Low-fat cheeses and yogurts
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Protein powder, such as whey, soy, or egg white
- Fresh vegetables, such as broccoli, asparagus, spinach, cauliflower, jicama, celery,
- Mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers, and sweet peppers
- Fresh fruit, such as apples, pears, and berries
- Dijon mustard
- Light mayonnaise, such as those made with soy or canola oil
- Lettuce, such as iceberg, baby greens, romaine, arugula, endive, and kale
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, basil, chives, oregano, thyme, and rosemary
- Spices, such as cinnamon, chili powder, lemon pepper, curry, and cayenne pepper
- Garlic and fresh ginger
- Unsalted raw nuts
- Lean deli meat slices, such as turkey or chicken
- Turkey bacon and/or turkey sausage
- Water-packed tuna. “Light” tuna has less mercury than “white” or albacore.
- Fresh fish
- Flaxseed oil or meal
- Natural nut butters. Almond has less saturated fat than peanut.
- Whole grain cereal. Choose those with more than 8 grams of fiber per serving.
- Steel-cut oatmeal, such as old-fashioned or McCann’s Quick & Easy Irish Oatmeal
- Multigrain and whole grain pastas. Try Barilla Plus and Ronzoni Healthy Harvest.
- Whole grain breads and tortillas. Try Ezekiel breads and Mission Low-Carb tortillas.
- Whole grain brown rice. In a hurry? Look for Rice Expressions. in the freezer section.
[Print This Page]
[Bookmark This Page]