Double Leg Stretch
Move: Lie on your back with your knees tucked into your chest, head and shoulders up off the floor, and hands reaching beyond toward feet. As you inhale push your legs out away from your center and reach one arm overhead, keeping the other arm bent behind your head and your shoulders and head up. Exhale as you return to your tuck position.
Repetitions: 12 total.
• Your head, shoulders, and shoulder blades are up off the fl oor in both phases of the exercise—in the tuck and when you open out.
• Your lower back should not arch off the floor when you open out of the tuck. If it does you have broken form and need to decrease the intensity. Make the movement smaller and open up less.
• Beginners will tuck, and when they open up, their feet should be over the hips and the hands should be right over the shoulders.
• Keep your shoulders down and away from your ears. Press the shoulder blades down deep in the back to keep the neck long.
• Pull the navel toward the spine throughout the exercise.