- Nonstick canola oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (optional)
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites (or 3⁄4 cup egg substitute or 3⁄4 cup egg purchased egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
Mist nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Saute the onion (if using) in hot skillet until tender (2 to 3 minutes). Add smoked salmon to the skillet and stir to mix. Lightly beat whole egg and egg whites with the cream cheese in a small bowl.
Add egg mixture to the salmon mixture in skillet. Stir with a rubber spatula until eggs are set. Sprinkle with the chopped chives, if desired. Season to taste with ground pepper. Serves 1.
Note: If you like, add 1 cooked and crumbled turkey sausage link or slice turkey bacon with the salmon.